Tuesday, May 11, 2010

God Bless the USA

Soooooooo... I went out yesterday during the storm to try and get some cool shots. I found these flags and thought they looked cool against the dark clouds. I also applied an HDR effect to it to bring out the overall moodiness of the scene. Shot with a Nikon D40x, manual settings, as always... =) The weather was supposed to get pretty bad here in Tulsa, we had tornado warnings for a while but then the sun came out and it stopped raining. Apparently a new record was set yesterday for the worst tornado breakout in Oklahoma's history. They recorded at least 22 tornadoes that were spawned from the storm. Some areas of OKC and Norman were hit pretty bad. You can watch a video of three twisters that hit the ground ((((here.)))) Kinda creepy... And I DEFINITELY wouldn't be following the twisters THAT close! Those people are CRAYZOS!!! But I guess that's what they're paid to do. ;-)

-WW

4 comments:

Lizard said...

Very cool pic!

Whitney Ward said...

Thank you!!!! =) =D

Shelby Christine said...

Hey!!!!!

When are you going to let me see those pictures of me?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

That picture is awesome:)